Help To Buy Government Scheme to help you get onto the property Ladder
The government can ‘help to buy’ your own home. They make it possible to buy a home with just 5% deposit. The value of the proprty can be up to £600,000. This great deal covers new build or residential homes.
Take the first step today and get onto the first rung of the housing ladder.
How does the ‘help to buy’ work?
Your mortgage lender may offer you a 90% loan to value mortgage. That would mean that you would need to find 10% deposit. With the help to buy scheme you would need to find 5% and the government would guarantee the remaining 5%.
Who is eligible for the ‘help to buy’ scheme?
You first carry out a mortgage market review (MMR) with your mortgage broker. They will test your affordability.Once you know what you can afford you can then find out if you can meet the ‘help to buy’ requirements.
- You cannot own property anywhere else
- Your mortgage must be repayment only
- The property cannot be let out and become a buy to let investment
- A company cannot benefit from the ‘Help to buy’ scheme
- Your mortgage must be less than 4.5 times your income
Please note that the scheme ends Dec 2016
How to apply
Your application is via a high street lender or mortgage broker.